Help, my account was deleted!

I just created a website with Grasshopper in the Gallery, signed out, signed back in again five minutes later, and all of my progress was reset!!! [even in the app!] Can somebody please help? Is there any way to restore my account externally from the server?!

Thanks,

-Karl_Udo_Funke

2 Likes

I tried that immediately, but I still haven’t heard back!

Thanks for the help though!

-Karl_Udo_Funke

If it doesn’t maybe you can quit the app and open it again

I tried that twice, but also that didn’t work! Can somebody maybe just view the activity on the server?

I would really appreciate it!

-Karl_Udo_Funke

Hi Karl,

If that don’t work, then uninstall the Grasshopper app and reinstall it. Then in the Grasshopper website, clear all datas, caches and cookie. And all of your datas should be restored.

Hope this helps!
D :slight_smile:

Hi Karl,
Unfortunately, I believe the only way to restore data is from grasshopper’s server. So if you call the grasshopper support line, they can probably help.

Best,
@TechAvi

2 Likes

I tried clearing the cookies in the web, which also didn’t work. When I tried to uninstall the app though, Google Play told me that “The Google Play Store is unavailable right now. If this problem persists, please try restarting your Chromebook. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I’m hoping that somebody on Grasshopper Support can fix this, but how do I reach them?

Sincerely,

-Karl_Udo_Funke

1 Like

I would gladly! How do I reach them?

-Karl_Udo_Funke

1 Like

Hi Karl,

Are you running Grasshopper on Chromebook? That might be causing the issue.

I would try to use their email [grasshopper-support@google.com](mailto: grasshopper-support@google.com)

Best,
@TechAvi

2 Likes

I use a ChromeBook it works perfectly chrome is not the problem.

1 Like

Yes, I am. What problem are you talking about?

-Karl_Udo_Funke

Great!! I will!! Thanks so much!

-Karl_Udo_Funke

1 Like

I’m talking to your problem that all your progress was reset (even in your app).

Mine also works perfectly too, but I am running it on my smartphone.

1 Like

It Worked!

The people from grasshopper-support@google.com fixed it immediately :partying_face: !

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

-Karl_Udo_Funke

2 Likes

Your Welcome!
I am so glad!
Do you know if Ask Grasshopper Anything will happen again?
Best,
@TechAvi

Dear @TechAvi,

Sadly, I don’t know. I think it is either a one-time thing, or the current session is still going on (The last post was “2 hours ago”).

I asked my question in the August session anyway, but I stand with you!

Please bring out this poll around Grasshopper Support, so that more people will become aware of it:

Do you know if Ask Grasshopper Anything will happen again?
  • Yes (Please message me)!
  • No.

0 voters

Sincerely,

-@Karl_Udo_Funke

1 Like

So I am on lesson string cartography. I’m trying to finish the lesson but every time I put [i] for string it replaces it.
Ex. let letter = string [i]

Is it because I’m using a phone app or does it need to be finished on a computer. Do you have any tips?

1 Like

I need :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: